My journey ..








The quote “You can't connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backward. So, you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future, “by Steve Paul Jobs always makes me awake for shaping my future.


I hail from a small industrial town where education is given a very high priority. From the day I was born, I had been just following someone else’s dream, because I never had one. But today I have got a dream to make it possible. I want to start a new phase in my life with pride and happiness after successfully completing my graduation from “Centurion University of Technology and Management, Paralakhemundi”


In my early school days I was a no brainer in computer knowledge. Even to close a ‘C’ program I had to call my friends or teacher. I always want to be the center of attraction in my class. But it never happened. But things started to change when a desktop system occupied a table in home. My father bought it for my elder sister. I became fascinated towards computer after my high school. By hit and trial I came to know the basic things to operate a computer. I became crazy to improve my computer skill in whatever way I could find. I took the help from my seniors to learn different types of software to implement in our desktop. The “no brainer” was no more a “no brainer” about computers. In my early career, my passion towards computers gradually made me an expert in computer software and hardware troubleshoot as well.


After completion of my intermediate I could barely take a decision for myself and I had to be dependent on my family members in matters I choose. Despite my deep passion for computers I could not choose B. Tech. in Computer Science because my elder sister was already pursuing the same, and I was expected to do something different. As a result, I ended up picking Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication in Centurion University of Technology and Management which is the first multi sector private university affiliated to Govt. of Odisha, India. This decision satisfied everyone’s expectations. But my passion continued.


Fortunately, I got chances to opt for a computer subject in each semester as per the rules and regulation of our university. I have opted subjects like Operating System, Computer Network and Cryptography; Foundation Programming provided By Infosys, Data Communication and Computer Networks, Data Structure, Object Oriented Programming by Using C++ and Programming with C. I got a strong inclination towards Operating System from high school, not only theoretically but also practically as well. When a preview or beta version of an Operating System releases in market, the first person to install and do research in our small town is none other than me. By using some sort of designing software, I used to change the look and feel of the Operating System. I used to change my operating system in every possible way. Thus I was easily distinguished from my friends. Nonetheless I was also a good Ethical Hacker.


As my mini project I had done “PC controlled robot “using ‘C-graphics’ in the 7th semester of my graduation. I played the role of a coder and designer for our project team. In addition to this ‘C’ is the best programming language ever discovered in the world which has a support of application level programming to system level programming. By using built in feature of ‘C program’ we had created a graphical user interface window and some hardware components to operate a robot. The main motto of the project was to control the robot without using any micro controller. I have a good knowledge in assembly and system level programming. While doing the project I had created many small applications like Snake game,GUI based timer and other small games.Working on this project gave me immense practical knowledge which helped me to visualize and design circuits with the least possible hardware and expenditure.


After that in my 8th semester I selected a project titled “Object and Obstacle detection robot” as my major project. By using AVR studio complier, I wrote the codes and embedded those codes in a micro controller. It was an automatic self-controlled robot with LED interface. When it detects an obstacle or edge by the Infrared Sensor it automatically changes its direction as per the instruction given by the end user and displays in the LED. The complete design and IR sensor were indigenous circuits. Unfortunately, the day before final presentation, the robot did not operate as expected due to some hardware issues. One of my lecturer and I tried our best to complete it. After two sleepless nights doing research to find out the solution, the issue got resolved at the final moment of presentation day. The big lesson I learnt there was, no one cares to find out the reason of your failure, everyone expects only the result; however, tiny the problem is. The thing that matters is we have to get it corrected by hook or crook without any excuses. It made me stronger and more confident to resolve any kind of such issues in future. I believe that I have the capacity to meet the commitment and accept the challenges that a career in research involves.





Along with academics I have also participated in a variety of extra-curricular activities. I was the student programme co-ordinator for “Computer Software and Hardware Troubleshoot” .I was a member of the national technical symposium “Gram Tech” which was held in March-April 2011 for developing a technical village. I was an active member in the design team of our annual college magazine “Avipsa”. In addition to these I am an amateur of Photography and renowned as the chief student co-ordinator of the college photography club.


Check here


Now when I look back and try to connect all those dots of my past, I realize that coding and finding the solution to a problem in a computer device is everything that I am born for. Though I was having a good knowledge in ‘C’ programming, but after completion my under graduation, I was seriously lagging behind a high level programming language from an application developer's perspective. I had to select computer subject like‘JAVA’,‘.NET’,’PYTHON’ etc. which I was not well familiar during my graduation. So I took six months of training in Naresh ITechnologies software training and development centre in Hyderabad.


It was out of my imagination that the world will be so dependent on these simple codes. By simple codes we are able to create software and change the world.I have developed some applications like notepad application, windows calculator by using C# programming. By using 3 tier architecture I have also developed applications like slam book by which I can send friend request through my indigenous website & can store their details. In that project I have used business logic, data logic & data base connection using SQLserver. All web page designs implemented by using ASP.net & CSS. As well as I have learned to create E-Commerce website prototype using server side technology& learned deployment of a software in standalone environment. 




coming soon. It's not the end :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You liked her or She liked you ?

#Attraction,#Friendship, #Love, #Besties, #Immaturity #Sadness,#endurance,#Lession, #happiness

Whom your showing off? Who are you?